10 Things: New Education Tax Breaks For A Child Or Grandchild
1. If you have a child or grandchild, for the first time ever, you can now pay tuition for kindergarten through 12th grade at private, public or religious schools with money saved in tax-advantaged 529 college savings accounts.
2. Thanks to the Tax Cuts And Jobs Act (TCJA), you now can draw up to $10,000 tax-free per student from a 529 plan, which is a tax-advantaged program sponsored by states, state agencies, and educational institutions.
3. While your contributions to a 529 plan are not deductible, earnings grow free of federal income tax on withdrawals to pay for qualified school expenses.
- A Last-Minute Reminder To Give Wisely And Charitably
- Key Facts About Tariffs, Interest Rates, And Economic Strength
- Fed Chair Extends A Dovish Hand, Lifting Stocks
- S&P 500 Slid Last Week, As Earnings Growth Is Recalibrated
- Last Chance For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- Amid A Swirl Of Controversy, Fed Policy Remained Stable
- More Good Economic News On Friday
- Is Amazon Keeping The Inflation Rate Low?
- Analyzing The Market Correction
- This Week In Stocks And The Economy
- Analyzing The Risk Of Stocks After The 6.9% Drop
- Fed Chair: "We Remain In Extraordinary Times."
- With The S&P 500 Up 7.2% In 3Q18, What's Driving Stocks?
- Widespread Misinformation Follows Household Median Income Report
- Investment Wisdom At A Poignant Moment In History
- Good Economic Surprises Happening Now
- Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
- Another Member Of Music Royalty Dies With No Will
- Top 10 Indications The Economic Outlook Is Brighter Than Expected
- Wealth And Economic News This Week (2-Minute Read)
- 10 Things: New Education Tax Breaks For A Child Or Grandchild
- The Truth About U.S. GDP Growth
- Despite Distractions, Economic Data Boomed Last Week
- Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing