Stronger Than Expected Jobs Creation But CNBC Reports "Trouble Lurked"
CNBC, the nation's No. 1-rated TV financial channel, reported that the news on jobs was good but ominously added, "Beneath the surface, though, trouble lurked."
"The economy added 222,000 in June but wage growth remains muted at just 2.5% annually," according to CNBC. "Even a 4.4% unemployment rate hasn't been able to put pressure on salaries, which are growing at just a 2.5% rate annually."
- Global Growth Forecast Slows, But U.S. Outlook Remains Stable
- How Long Does It Take To Be A Long-Term Investor?
- Five Observations About The CBO's New Long-Term Debt Forecast
- Fed Apology, Strong Job Growth Bolster Stocks
- Despite Grim Headlines, Economic Growth Is Intact
- Despite December Turbulence, Economy And Business Optimism Were Strong
- Latest Forecasts Show Economy Is Doing Okay
- A Poignant Moment In Financial History Sparks Stocks