Will Rising Bond Yields Be Bad For Stocks?
If all this good economic news was not enough, the leading indicators for the U.S., a forward looking composite of 10 economic indexes, were released on Thursday, and they strengthened by 1% in January to 108.1, following a 0.6% increase in December, and a 0.4% increase in November. The LEI is higher than it has been since 1999."The U.S. LEI accelerated further in January and continues to point to robust economic growth in the first half of 2018," according The Conference Board, an association for the nation's largest corporations not prone to hyperbole. "The leading indicators reflect an economy with widespread strengths coming from financial conditions, manufacturing, residential construction, and labor markets." This chart shows how the LEI has definitively rolled over well in advance of the last two recessions. Nothing like that is happening now. The Standard & Poor's 500 closed Friday at 2747.30, which was a 1.6% surge for the day and 0.6% higher than a week earlier.
- This Week In Stocks And The Economy
- Analyzing The Risk Of Stocks After The 6.9% Drop
- Fed Chair: "We Remain In Extraordinary Times."
- With The S&P 500 Up 7.2% In 3Q18, What's Driving Stocks?
- Widespread Misinformation Follows Household Median Income Report
- Investment Wisdom At A Poignant Moment In History
- Good Economic Surprises Happening Now
- Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
- Another Member Of Music Royalty Dies With No Will
- Top 10 Indications The Economic Outlook Is Brighter Than Expected
- Wealth And Economic News This Week (2-Minute Read)
- 10 Things: New Education Tax Breaks For A Child Or Grandchild
- The Truth About U.S. GDP Growth
- Despite Distractions, Economic Data Boomed Last Week
- Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing
- Even The New York Times Gets Investment Facts Wrong Sometimes
- First-Half Of 2018 Stock Investing Highlights
- U.S. Leading Indicators Growth Rate Slowed In May; Should You Worry?
- Signal To Noise Ratio Of U.S. Economy Is An Anomaly
- Father's Day Financial Tip: Put Your Kids To Work
- Is Economic Growth Sustainable?
- How The New Small Business Tax Break Phases Out
- Fed Shatters Conventional Economic Wisdom
- Four New Signs Point To Economic Strength (2-Minute Read)