Father's Day Financial Tip: Put Your Kids To Work
Here's a Father's Day financial tip: Put your children to work.
Or make your Father's Day special by asking your daughter to wash your car every week, babysit, tutor, care for an older family member or take on any number of other responsibilities. By converting an allowance to earned income, your children clean up financially and literally. Their Roth IRA grows tax free for 50 years.
And talk about gifts. The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index this past week climbed 1.6%, to a close on Friday of 2779.03 - just 3% from an all-time closing high of 2872.87 on January 26. The nine-year economic expansion - the second-longest in modern U.S. history - continues to show signs of sustainable growth.
- 'Twas The Last Trading Day Before Christmas
- Stock Plunge Nears Bear Territory After Fed Hike
- A Last-Minute Reminder To Give Wisely And Charitably
- Key Facts About Tariffs, Interest Rates, And Economic Strength
- Fed Chair Extends A Dovish Hand, Lifting Stocks
- S&P 500 Slid Last Week, As Earnings Growth Is Recalibrated
- Last Chance For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- Amid A Swirl Of Controversy, Fed Policy Remained Stable
- More Good Economic News On Friday
- Is Amazon Keeping The Inflation Rate Low?
- Analyzing The Market Correction
- This Week In Stocks And The Economy