Father's Day Financial Tip: Put Your Kids To Work
Here's a Father's Day financial tip: Put your children to work.
Or make your Father's Day special by asking your daughter to wash your car every week, babysit, tutor, care for an older family member or take on any number of other responsibilities. By converting an allowance to earned income, your children clean up financially and literally. Their Roth IRA grows tax free for 50 years.
And talk about gifts. The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index this past week climbed 1.6%, to a close on Friday of 2779.03 - just 3% from an all-time closing high of 2872.87 on January 26. The nine-year economic expansion - the second-longest in modern U.S. history - continues to show signs of sustainable growth.
- Last Chance For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- Amid A Swirl Of Controversy, Fed Policy Remained Stable
- More Good Economic News On Friday
- Is Amazon Keeping The Inflation Rate Low?
- Analyzing The Market Correction
- This Week In Stocks And The Economy
- Analyzing The Risk Of Stocks After The 6.9% Drop
- Fed Chair: "We Remain In Extraordinary Times."
- With The S&P 500 Up 7.2% In 3Q18, What's Driving Stocks?
- Widespread Misinformation Follows Household Median Income Report
- Investment Wisdom At A Poignant Moment In History
- Good Economic Surprises Happening Now
- Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
- Another Member Of Music Royalty Dies With No Will
- Top 10 Indications The Economic Outlook Is Brighter Than Expected
- Wealth And Economic News This Week (2-Minute Read)
- 10 Things: New Education Tax Breaks For A Child Or Grandchild
- The Truth About U.S. GDP Growth
- Despite Distractions, Economic Data Boomed Last Week
- Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing
- Even The New York Times Gets Investment Facts Wrong Sometimes
- First-Half Of 2018 Stock Investing Highlights
- U.S. Leading Indicators Growth Rate Slowed In May; Should You Worry?
- Signal To Noise Ratio Of U.S. Economy Is An Anomaly