Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
Notably, too, the interest and dividends component of consumer income shot higher by 6.4% in the 12 months ended July 2018 — good news to retirees.
A key inflation index that U.S. central bankers at the Federal Reserve consider in deciding interesting rate policy, the Personal Consumption Expenditure Deflator (PCED), is poignantly doing what's expected by policymakers. You're likely to hear talk on TV about inflation rearing its ugly head again.
The Fed chair, according to the minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee meeting, released last week, expects inflation to hover around 2%. It may go above 2% for a time and that is expected. But it may also go slightly below 2%. Meanwhile, at 2.3%, the PCED deflator is above the Fed's target of 2%, but the Core PCED, at 2%, is right on target — and that is the key figure. The core PCED is a basket of fixed monthly expenses that excludes gasoline and other volatile expenses. It's all about long-term expectations, which is how you want the Fed to think if you're an American investor.
- Last Chance For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- Amid A Swirl Of Controversy, Fed Policy Remained Stable
- More Good Economic News On Friday
- Is Amazon Keeping The Inflation Rate Low?
- Analyzing The Market Correction
- This Week In Stocks And The Economy
- Analyzing The Risk Of Stocks After The 6.9% Drop
- Fed Chair: "We Remain In Extraordinary Times."
- With The S&P 500 Up 7.2% In 3Q18, What's Driving Stocks?
- Widespread Misinformation Follows Household Median Income Report
- Investment Wisdom At A Poignant Moment In History
- Good Economic Surprises Happening Now
- Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
- Another Member Of Music Royalty Dies With No Will
- Top 10 Indications The Economic Outlook Is Brighter Than Expected
- Wealth And Economic News This Week (2-Minute Read)
- 10 Things: New Education Tax Breaks For A Child Or Grandchild
- The Truth About U.S. GDP Growth
- Despite Distractions, Economic Data Boomed Last Week
- Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing
- Even The New York Times Gets Investment Facts Wrong Sometimes
- First-Half Of 2018 Stock Investing Highlights
- U.S. Leading Indicators Growth Rate Slowed In May; Should You Worry?
- Signal To Noise Ratio Of U.S. Economy Is An Anomaly