Find The Major Economic Trend Hidden In This Picture
Major economic trends are always in front of us, hidden in plain sight. The spectacular real retail sales growth trend is in this picture, but you won't see it unless you know to look for it.
Real retail sales are spectacular, adjusted for inflation. Since March 2019, real retail sales shot almost straight up in a short time and were already at a record territory for several years.
Retail sales are a proxy for consumer strength and consumers drive 70% of the economy. So, this is an influential trend. However, unless you know to adjust retail sales for inflation, you would miss the trend. That's how the media reported it.
- Confirming Recovery Is Under Way
- Despite Grim Headlines, Stocks Rose Sharply -- Why?
- The Paradigm Shift In Valuing Stocks
- Retail Sales And Housing Starts In June Reveal Recovery's Shape
- Keeping Perspective In An Unreal Environment
- Economic Fundamentals Recovering As Stocks Surged For the Week
- Stocks Swing Wildly As Economic Recovery Begins
- Dog Days Of Summer In The Economy
- V-Shaped But Full Recovery Is Long Off
- Covid-19 Causes A Good Surprise
- The Epidemic Sets The Economy Back About Two Years
- Is This A New Bull Market?
- The Pandemic And Stocks
- Despite Disastrous Jobs Report, Stocks Surged 1.6% Friday
- Amid The Crisis In The Economy, Two Good Anomalies
- Financial Economics With The Epidemic's End In Sight
- The Beginning Of The End?
- An 11.4% One-Week Gain In Stocks
- What Investors Should Expect And A Business Owner Alert
- Is the Coronavirus Bear Market Over?
- What's An Investor To Think Now?
- Will Covid-19 Crisis Be Short-Lived?
- Despite Covid-19, Signals Of Economic Health Continue
- Covid-19: Facts And Perspective For Investors