An Eventful Week In Wealth Management
Published Wednesday, December 31, 1969 at: 2:00 PM EST
A confluence of events collided on Friday, capping one of the most eventful weeks in years for news affecting your wealth.
The most sweeping revision to the U.S. Tax Code in three decades lurched toward passage, requiring urgent attention to tax opportunities open only until December 31. 2017. Meanwhile, a dark new cloud gathered over Washington D.C. following a guilty plea by the former head of the National Security Agency, Michael T. Flynn for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia. Though the stock market dropped nearly 1% briefly on Friday, the Standard & Poor's 500 index closed the week just a fraction off its all-time high reached on Thursday, as just-released data showed the economy was stronger in November than it has been in many years.
- Amid Strong Crosscurrents, Stocks Sank 2.5% This Past Week
- A New Rover Landed On Mars And Stocks Closed Lower For The Week
- Ironically, Amazon Profits By Perpetuating Stock Bubble Myth
- Stocks Closed At A New Record High: Can The Party Last?
- Don’t Fall For It
- Housing Boomed Again In December
- The Bad And Good Financial News This Week
- Stocks Set New High Closing Price Amid Turbulence
- Stocks Gained +16% in 2020; Wall Street Expects +7.6% In 2021