This Week In Stocks And The Economy
Published Wednesday, December 31, 1969 at: 2:00 PM EST
After the recent stock market volatility, some observers raised fears a recession may be on the way.
The stock market is a leading indicator for the economy and the economic expansion is indeed the second longest in modern U.S. history.
So, it's perhaps not surprising major media outlets ran headlines like these following the two-day plunge of October 10 and 11.
- Amid Strong Crosscurrents, Stocks Sank 2.5% This Past Week
- A New Rover Landed On Mars And Stocks Closed Lower For The Week
- Ironically, Amazon Profits By Perpetuating Stock Bubble Myth
- Stocks Closed At A New Record High: Can The Party Last?
- Don’t Fall For It
- Housing Boomed Again In December
- The Bad And Good Financial News This Week
- Stocks Set New High Closing Price Amid Turbulence
- Stocks Gained +16% in 2020; Wall Street Expects +7.6% In 2021