Confirming Recovery Is Under Way
Published Friday, August 7, 2020; 9:00 p.m. EST
(Friday, August 7, 2020; 9:00 p.m. EST) Confirming a recovery is under way and the recession is ending, the U.S. Labor Department reports 1.76 million net new jobs were created in July and the rate of unemployment dropped to 10.2%.
In addition, strong increases in the service and manufacturing sectors were reported by corporate purchasing managers, according to the Institute of Supply Management, and ISM's forward-looking sub-index measuring new-order activity surged in July.
- Fed Says It Will Stick To Its Plan, As Bond Yield Rises
- Amid Strong Crosscurrents, Stocks Sank 2.5% This Past Week
- A New Rover Landed On Mars And Stocks Closed Lower For The Week
- Ironically, Amazon Profits By Perpetuating Stock Bubble Myth
- Stocks Closed At A New Record High: Can The Party Last?
- Don’t Fall For It
- Housing Boomed Again In December
- The Bad And Good Financial News This Week
- Stocks Set New High Closing Price Amid Turbulence
- Stocks Gained +16% in 2020; Wall Street Expects +7.6% In 2021