S&P 500 Breaks Record For A Second Week
Published Friday, August 28, 2020, 8:25 PM EST
The Standard & Poor's 500 (S&P 500) stock index closed Friday at a new all-time high for the second week in a row, as the two worlds of the S&P 500 and the real economy grew further apart.
FAANGM -- Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, and Microsoft -- led the recovery, the rest of the economy was on another planet.
- The Bad And Good Financial News This Week
- Stocks Set New High Closing Price Amid Turbulence
- Stocks Gained +16% in 2020; Wall Street Expects +7.6% In 2021
- Holiday-Shortened Week Ends With Stocks Little Changed, Despite D.C. Drama
- The Financial Economic Situation Now
- Bull Market Has Broadened
- Why Did Stocks Close At A Record-High After Disappointing Jobs Report?
- Americans Sit On A Mountain Of Cash Amid Pandemic
- For High-Income Earners And Families, Failing To Plan Is A High-Stakes Gamble
- Stocks Break Record, But Smart Money Is Focused On Taxes
- Wall Street Reacts To D.C With A 7% Weekly Gain
- On Election Eve, Here's The Economic Outlook
- Sizing Up Economic Prospects
- Two Good Economic Surprises
- October Surprise May Be The Economy